Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Inspiration


Today I was seriously inspired by a card made by Kristina Werner. To check out more of her work and the video of her making this card head over to her blog. Below is her card.
I loved the design and have substituted in some papers and other elements I had to create my own card. I have left out the main sentiment across the top because my sentiment is stated in my paper ribbon. I made this first card using a paper pad from Sassafras Lass that I've had sitting around for ages. I love the papers but I am finding it super hard to create anything using this colour palete. I thought a sketch might be the way to go but I wasn't to happy with how it came out. The photo is a little yellow (should have waited for daylight to photograph it) but the colours of the card are about the same as in real life.
I decided to have another crack at it and instead used a bright paper pad from My Minds Eye - Lime Twist. Love these papers, so bright and happy. And I love the cute little kites too! Am pretty happy with the final turn out but think a bolder background may have looked bettter than these letters.
Maybe I'll have another go tomorrow because as you know third time's the charm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment