Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hens Weekend Mini Album

I have been watching Shimelle's fantastic videos for a while now and have been inspired by one of her recent themes: Kits. This plus the fact that I am headed away from home quite often in the next few weeks inspired me to put together some of my own.
For this particular kit I wanted to put together a mini album for my friend's bachelorette party next weekend. I thought it would be super fun if each of the attendees put together a few pages about why they like the bride! I can print some photos and add those in and by the end of the weekend we should have a complete album that the bride to be can take home as a keepsake.

Some of the main ingredients in this kit include:
  1. Mini Album - In this case I chosen a Day Book from American Crafts, Amy Tangerine. I think the K&Co. Smash books would be super fun too for something with more pages, or you can go for something plain. I like the fact these pages are already patterned because there is less work for everyone - especially those who will protest that they aren't crafty.
  2. 6x6 paper pad - to add some extra colours and patterns to the pages. The simple stories ones a great becuase they have scaled down versions of their divided pages that can be cut up and used as page accents, journalling cards and titles that are the perfect size for a mini album.
  3. Washi tape - not only is it pretty but it is great for sticking things to the pages!
  4. Die cuts - I have included pretty ones and ones with lines that will be great for journalling. This will mean that more than one person can work on the album at one time.
  5. Letter stickers - great for titles. I am hoping that everyone will write their name using the same set so that we have a cohesive look throughout the mini book!
What items do you like to include in your mini album kits??

Chevron Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment